I’ve been given a date for my double jaw surgery.
And it’s soon.
Like, a month away, soon.
I don’t want to give specifics until I get closer to the date, as I’m a little anxious that something might go wrong or it might get cancelled.
But yeah, it’s so weird that it’s finally happening! I am feeling very nervous and excited simultaneously:
- The surgery itself is a big deal – they’re gonna be breaking and re-positioning my jaws!
- I’m gonna be under general anesthetic and have to stay in hospital for a couple nights
- My face is gonna look super different when it’s done and healed. I know I will still look like me, but just different. WAHHHH!
- I’m in for a long road to recovery – I will have to have braces and the healing process can take a while.
- LIQUID DIET. Ugh, just no.
- I could be pain free. Like, I could have a normal life. A job, friends, fun.
These are the main thoughts rolling around my brain right now. This surgery could change my life. I’m not entirely sure I’m ready, but here we go!